Thank you for stopping by to see what Riverside Christian School is all about. My name is Cindy Waind. As principal of Riverside, I appriciate the opportunity to share my love for the school and it’s people; faculty, staff, parents and students. Riverside is a family-like community, where we work together to provide an excellent education from a biblical worldview. It’s Christ-centered, which means we look at our academics through the lens of scripture, striving to be sure all we do is for the good of our students and for God’s glory.
Riverside’s teachers love the Lord and they love their students. Teachers not only pray for their students daily, they pray for direction from the Holy Spirit to meet each individual student need, spiritual or academic. They are the living curriculum, walking out a life of faith as they challenge their students with academic curriculum that is designed to grow students in problem solving, discipline and a love of learning.
You may have noticed “Teaching and equipping tomorrow’s Christian leaders” in our logo. We take leadership seriously. Our students are given opportunities to develop Christ-like leadership skills in many ways including, but not limited to, sitting on school-wide committees, peer leading classroom project-groups and participating in prayer-partners, in which an older student mentors a younger student. Christ-like leadership involves serving and putting others first. We are pleased that our students have many opportunities to serve our greater Grand Forks/East Grand Forks community.
If you would like to find out more about Riverside, please feel free to give us a call or stop in. I would love to give you a tour and answer any questions you may have.
Serving the King,
· Established in 1982, RCS is a non-denominational, parent supported school which currently includes:
· 3 yr old and 4 yr old Preschool Programs
· Full Day Kindergarten
· Grades 1-12
· After School and Before School Programs
· RCS meets all standards prescribed by the Minnesota Department of Public Instruction and offers those subjects commonly taught at the kindergarten, elementary and middle school levels.
· The school is staffed by qualified teachers and is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
· The academic programs of RCS are only a part of the educational process. The school presents a Bible centered philosophy of education that places Christ at the center of all things.
· Academically, RCS will aspire to maintain high scholastic standards. The school will promote man’s stewardship role. We believe that classroom methods should be teacher directed (Deut 6:7), with the student acquiring knowledge through studying, researching, reasoning and relating. To carry out these objectives, only teachers who agree with RCS’s philosophy of education will be employed.